There are the benefits of poetry itself. Poetry helps us think, decide what is important to us, analyse the context & explore meaning. And there is the enjoyment & fulfilment of learning in new ways. We encourage our young people to:
- Reach for the stars by discovering & developing their own artistic skills;
- Enjoy learning from each other;
- Enjoy the diversity in our schools & in our communities;
- Develop their emotional intelligence& build their talents;
- Be more secure in who they are& feel they belong in the school.
Our StaffWorkshopsfocus on The Art of Possibilities: what adults & young people are capable of doing, being &achieving. They’re designed to be enjoyable, challenging & worthwhile & to draw on the knowledge, skills & experiences of participants: what they bring with them as individuals &as professionals. The workshops:
- Demonstrate the power of poetry, music& dance to help participants understand themselves, & the lives &experiences of young people;
- Strengthen understanding about the importance of place &belonging;
- Identify some of the steps that staff can take to make schools&communities places where all children, young people & adults feel they belong.
See the first of five videos on place & belonginghttp://www.lcll.org.uk/leadership-of-place.html